July was an amazing travel month! I went to Italy for a work trip. Then we spent a week on a Carnival Cruise with 30 extended family members, stopping at Key West and the Bahamas. My Instagram feed looks beautiful with all the beach pictures! However the biggest thing missing from photos in July was exercise. Even though I am in the middle of the Oxygen Challenge, I only worked out a total of 4 times in July. So I decided to set some goals to get back on track this month.
August Small Goals
- Get back on track with healthy eating and exercise. – Let’s just say that the entire month of June was a huge FAIL when it came to healthy living. I did not stick to my exercise plan for the Oxygen Challenge. Also, I was in Italy for one week and cruise for another week, so there were many opportunities to indulge. And I indulged. But that is the beauty of vacations! They are the time to indulge. Now that I am back home, I am getting right back on track. My goal is to exercise 4 times a week, cook my meals at home and only have 2 indulgences a week. This is mainly because we do have family visiting this month, so we will go out for pizza and ice cream!
- Blog at least twice a week – Because July was such a busy travel month, I was away from my computer a lot. Social Media posting and blogging were on the skinny side in July. My plan is to blog twice a week and share recaps of my trips to Italy and the Bahamas with you. I also have to do a Month 2 Update for the Oxygen Challenge (I predict the number of the scale will go up instead of down this month).
- Set up a study schedule for the PE Exam – I am thinking about 2-3 evenings a week and one weekend morning. Now I just have to figure out what I need to give up in order to find time to study in my schedule. Books. I know I have to give up reading for pleasure and that makes me sad.
- Go to SUP Yoga twice – I missed being out on the lake the entire month of July and I miss it! We joined the DFW Surf Club at the beginning of the summer and I have enjoyed learning how to SUP and doing yoga on the board. Trey and I like to get out at least once a week on the boards together. SUP Yoga is my time to slow down, breathe and unwind each week. With family visiting and school starting, I hope to get in at least two classes this month.
- Go on a date with my husband – We used to be great at scheduling date nights. However with my husband’s increasingly busy music schedule, his weekends are filled with shows and private parties. During our drive home from the cruise, he let me know he has one Saturday free this month. Which means date night!
Your turn! What are some small goals you hope to accomplish this month? Getting the kids ready to go back to school? Finish that book you’ve been trying to read all summer? Take one last family vacation before fall begins? Leave me a comment and let me know!