For the past month, I have been participating in the write31day challenge by sharing my Wellness Tips for Working Moms. You can catch up on all my previous posts here.
Wellness Tips for Working Moms is all about taking care of yourself. All moms deserve time for themselves, even if it is just 5 minutes a day! One of the easiest ways to make sure I have a better day is to take five minutes each morning to eat breakfast. After several years of skipping breakfast because I was running late for work, I realized I was starting each day feeling hungry, rushed and grumpy. Now, even if I am running late, I still take five minutes to make my a quick, satisfying breakfast.
In about 5 minutes (or less), I can make a delicious egg sandwich for breakfast and be out the door for work. Sometimes, if I am really hungry, I eat in the car while driving (not recommended). Most of the time I wrap my sandwich an egg sandwich in aluminum foil and pack it in my lunch bag. When I get to the office, it is still warm and ready to eat.
This is my basic recipe for my Out the Door (In less than 5 Minutes) Egg Sandwich:
- non-stick spray
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons low fat turkey sausage crumbles (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1 slice low-fat cheese
- 1 light multi-grain English muffin
- Coat a 1 cup ramekin with non-stick spray. Add 1 egg, 1 egg white and scramble. Add in your turkey sausage crumbles and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. While the egg is cooking, toast your English muffin.
- Remove ramekin from microwave with a pot holder (it will be hot). Use a fork to remove egg, place it on the English muffin and top with a slice of cheese.
- Wrap in a piece of aluminum foil to keep the sandwich warm.
How do you make time for yourself during the day? I also use my commute time to listen to audio books, read my morning devotional while eating breakfast at my desk and listen to podcasts during my workouts. Next week, as part of the #write31days series, I will share my favorite podcasts with you!