After one day of cooler temperatures here in Texas and I am ready for fall. Although it may still reach 80 degrees today, it was only 61 degrees when I woke up this morning! Cooler mornings mean I actually enjoy getting outside for a run on weekends or for a walk in the park during lunch!
In addition to running/walking, I am excited for all the family fun and traditions we celebrate during fall. Like our annual trips to the pumpkin patch, baking pumpkin muffins, making chili and soups, decorating with pumpkins and spending more time outside on the patio. To make sure we don’t miss ANYTHING this fall, I have created a Fall Bucket List.
Fall Bucket List
- Decorate the house for fall with mini pumpkins
- Put mums by the front door and in the pots on the back patio
- Bake pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins
- Take the entire family to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch
- Bake homemade bread
- Make pumpkin pancakes for Sunday breakfast
- Carve a pumpkin (I prefer to carve, while Trey says decorate)
- Make chili, soups, and stews for dinner
- Drink a pumpkin beer
- Take the kids trick or treating (maybe, we will be at Disney World)
- Run the Wine & Dine 5K race at Disney World
- Start Christmas shopping
- Begin construction on our covered patio and outdoor kitchen
- Run the Turkey Trot in Dallas
- Bake fall pies (apple, pumpkin and sweet potato)
- Host Thanksgiving Dinner at our house
Do you have a fall bucket list or fun, family traditions? Do you carve pumpkins or simply decorate them? Do you visit a local pumpkin patch?